[wt_spacer height=”55″][wt_spacer height=”32″][wt_spacer height=”32″]
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day this challenge revolves around giving love to someone who really needs a pick-me-up.
Boys & girls alike, any Ambassador can do this gift. All you need is a little bit of thought, time, and a few flowers. There is always someone that may not ever ask for much but would be incredibly touched knowing someone remembered them. With about a dozen flowers, some paper, markers and ribbon we are going to make a huge impact with a simple gesture.
This is not a Valentine’s Day challenge but can be done and molded into an activity on February 14th. Or pick any day you choose this month and participate in our community challenge.
- Flowers of any kind (at least 12)
- Markers or crayons
- Ribbon or string
- A list of those you feel should be acknowledged, feeling lonely or should be recognized
Here is how this month’s challenge is done:
- Either purchase a dozen flowers of your choice or pick several from your garden.
- Write either a business card size note or fold an 8 ½ x 11 page in half to make a card
- For younger Ambassadors have them color a card and add a simple message or older Ambassadors write personal notes why you think that person deserved to be recognized
- Punch a hole in the card and tie with ribbon/string
- Deliver to people who you feel need a hug in the form of this flower or leave anonymously on doorsteps or cars.
- For our “Pups” (ages 3-8) make it into a play date
- Instead of targeting certain people leave them in a bucket somewhere for people to see and grab if needed
- Take to a nursing home
- Take to nurses at your local hospital
- For older Ambassadors consider leaving for someone you think might feel overlooked and would deeply appreciate being acknowledged.