[wt_spacer height=”55″][wt_spacer height=”32″][wt_spacer height=”32″]
In a world of over 8 Billion, over 800 Million do not have enough to eat*.
Big or small, we can all help. This March and April we would like to help GenerationOn make their mark on child hunger. So get ready Ambassadors, we are going to make this project easy and very rewarding! Here is how it’s done:
- Grocery or shopping bags
- Paper and markers to make flyers
- Stapler to post flyer to bag
- A place to donate your food collection
- Some great neighbors who want to help!
How to Do This Month’s Campaign:
- Ask Mom/Dad to find a local organization collecting/distributing food (Pups), or ask Mom teacher for ideas on organizations and call to ask how you can drop off some donations for other kids
- Call these organizations and explain that you want to help. You could say something like, “I am doing a small food drive and want to know if I can help donate food for hungry children at your organization”.
- Make your flyers. Let them know who you are, what you are doing (collecting food for hungry children), what sort of foods you need, who you will be delivering it to (organization name) and when you will pick up (ie: please leave on porch on March 19th at 8:00am).
- Attach your flyers to the empty bags and leave on neighbors doorsteps. (bring an adult with you!)
- Pick up the filled bags (bring an adult with you!)
- Drop off bags to the local organization with an adult
- *extra option: Parents: you can also email some friends to let them know you will be dropping off these bags and why.
- For “Pups” host a playdate/food drive. Have each parent/child bring a couple of canned or packaged foods to help kick off the collection. Kids can also decorate plates or placemats to color and donate for fun as well.
- What do you think it feels like to be hungry?
- How does it make you feel to help feed children that are hungry?
- What was the most fun about doing this project?
- Can you think of other things you can do to help fight hunger in your community?
For more information on this project or to help fight hunger with ConAgra foods at http://www.generationon.org/hunger