The holidays are coming to a close but kids and families who need assistance with necessities still need our help as 2017 rolls around. To kick off our 2017 year of giving, helping and showing that kids can make a difference too, we will be helping get food to these families to start their year off right.
On Monday, January 16th, we will be meeting with OWW to help kids fill their shopping carts with items for their families. We will be collecting gift cards from Albertson’s throughout the first half of January, decorating reusable bags, making grocery lists and even helping them gather the items the morning of Martin Luther King, Jr. day.
**This can be done anywhere – just find an organization that feeds families in need and follow these directions to help out anywhere in the country!
Saddle up Ambassadors! Here is what we need from you this month!
- Reusable grocery bags
- Stickers and items to decorate the bags
- Albertson’s gift cards (or gift cards from any local grocery store in your area)
- Various simple recipes easy for families to make
- Shopping lists of these items and what items are used for which recipe or/meal
How to do this month’s campaign:
- Visit your local grocery store and purchase several reusable bags for your selected family
- Purchase stickers and other items for the kids to use to decorate these bags durably (permanent markers, foam stickers, etc.)
- Locate the largest chain grocery store in your area (if in OC, Albertson’s for the 1/16 event) and purchase a gift card for your family of at least $50. Partner with another family or two to provide larger gift cards for larger families
- Research online or Pinterest for easy, healthy meals that can be made inexpensively and easily for families
- Create a simple shopping list with items in order of section
- Attach a list of the recipes for the family to follow with these groceries.
If you wish to join us on January 16th please let me know. We will also be decorating bags, selecting recipes and making lists for these families. Help in any of these areas are appreciated!
Kids are welcome to come help the motel and homeless children shop for their parents on 1/16. Event is from 7:00am-9:00am. Please contact Kim for more information if you wish to have your children partner with these kids to fill their shopping carts!
Best wishes to a great start to your 2017!