Poverty effects many children in the United States, even in Orange County.
1 in 5 children in the United States lives in poverty which greatly effects their education and ability to get ahead in their lifetime. Many times we feel helpless in what we can do to help these children long term in regards to their education since it lies in the hands of our government. What we can do each year however is do what we can to at least provide them with the proper supplies so they are equipped with what they need to attend class, do the homework assigned and have the essentials for the school year.
On Saturday, August 27th, we will be at Peppertree Park handing out these supplies from kids to kids in OC. There will be a student kickball game and a fun morning of helping our local kiddos in need.
What is needed:
- Lined paper
- Do you know anyone who doesn’t have school supplies?
- How do you think this would affect someone in their studies in school?
- Can you think of some things you cannot do without as you start school this year
- What would you do if you saw someone that you knew who didn’t have the supplies everyone else had for school?
- How do you think this person would feel getting a new backpack and supplies like the other students? Do you think it would help them fit in? Do you think it would help them with their studies and do better in school?
If you live in any other are of the US and would like to help, call your local churches and food banks to get a list of who still need supplies for students in your area.