The picture above is of my littles age 2.5 doing their first Operation Christmas Child Box, and they haven’t stopped since!
So many of us want to help others during the holidays but don’t know where to start or which one to choose.
We have a list of places and things you can do to help over the next couple of weeks and soon will have MORE!
1. Basket Drive: Drop off a Thanksgiving Dinner Basket on 11/22 (list on site)
2. Giving Tuesday: On 11/29 (Tues after Turkey Day) they work to collect over 100 toys in one day.
3. Create your own food or toy drive! Flyers are on the site and your child can hand out their own flyer to friends, family or neighbors asking for a donation by a certain date to give to others. **this one is my favorite since the kids can have A LOT of ownership even if collecting only 1 toy. – maybe send a flyer to family for the Thanksgiving holiday?
4. Adopt a Family – receive a wish list of a family and work together to make their holiday wishes a reality
To view the flyers & more info: https://friendlycenter.org/
PASTA DRIVE FOR MOTEL KIDS
For more information: http://caterinasclub.org/upcoming-events/
1. collecting toys as well for homeless kids
2. hosting the annual pancake breakfast. At a local laundry mat pancakes will be served and laundry will be done for the homeless all day. If you wish to donate gifts before or volunteer day of – photos and more information: